- Life Planner - This is our primary role in which we find out about your story – how you got to where you are now, what you want to do in the future and what you want to do between now and the day it is too late.
- Financial Planner - In this role we identify the resources you have now and how much will be needed to fund your life plan. In short, it is about crunching the numbers.
- Financial Adviser - If, and only if, the financial plan indicates you need a financial product will we source a suitable one to meet your needs. It is our belief that until we have found out about you, we have no right to tell you where to invest – this is where we differ to many financial advisers.
WHAT WE DO FOR OUR CLIENTS
We offer a free initial meeting to discuss your financial objectives and our costs. At the end of the first meeting, it will be up to you if you do wish to proceed with us. If you do proceed, time will need to be taken to carry out various assessments and questionnaires. We will then provide you with a recommendation on what we have found. Financial Planning is not a one off event, we provide an ongoing service to ensure your portfolio continues to meet your objectives.
Although our services have been of benefit to others, we can't guarantee that we will be able to help you. The aim of the first meeting is to put you in a better position to decide if you wish to proceed with us.
To ensure best use of your initial meeting we will usually request fact finding information from you in advance.
This will then free up more time during the meeting to establish:
- Where you are now
- Where you are trying to get to
- What sort of lifestyle you have now and if you want it to continue in the future
- Why this is important to you
We will then discuss your financial objectives and the resources you have to turn these into a reality.
Once we know your position we will show you what we do for our clients while linking back to your personal circumstances.
Once you have agreed to move forward with us we will help you build your financial master plan.
As part of the process you will need to commit some time and effort to providing us with the information we need. This may include completing:
- A risk assessment
- An expenditure planner
- Authority to obtain information on your existing plans
- Additional questionnaires
This will allow us to clarify your existing resources and crunch the numbers to establish how much will be needed to fund your objectives.
On completing our research we will be in a position to discuss what we have found and what needs to be done to meet your objectives.
If, and only if the financial plan indicates you need a financial product, we will recommend one.
ONGOING FINANCIAL PLANNING SERVICE
Your plan is not a 'one off' event. It will need to be reviewed on an ongoing basis and adjustments may be required. It is not the drafting of the plan which is important but the act of reviewing it.
Annual Forward Planning Meetings allow us to keep the plan on track. Prior to these meetings, we will send you a form to update to ensure that the information we hold is accurate.