Divorce / Separation
The trauma of a divorce or separation will be largely influenced by the financial decisions that will have to be made:
- Changes to income and expenditure
- Splitting investments and assets where required
- The need to find new accommodation
- Ex-spouse may be named on certain policies/documents such as life insurance, wills etc.
- Implications if children are involved - who is responsible for the upbringing of the child
Financial Planning Areas
- Income and expenditure planning
- Reinvesting split funds
- Advising on the most suitable course of action with regards to pensions
- Rearranging life and health insurance
- Rewriting the will and changing any Power of Attorney's, where the ex-spouse may be involved.